Friday, March 2, 2012

The Results Are In!

The good new is I did manage to lose 1.8 pounds. But the GREAT news is that I lost a total of 8 inches over the last 6 weeks! 
Holy cow that's a lot!


More than the inches and pounds, though, I feel like I've taken the next step toward a truly healthy self and it feels great!


So, I've got three and a half weeks until round two of 6FIT and I've already found it a bit difficult to function without the scaffolding in place. How sad that no one cares what I eat or how much water I drink or how much exercise I've gotten everyday. On Monday I felt like a lost soul without my weekly chart and my daily or weekly challenges to lean on.Funny that the things that I found tough to stick to during the challenge are the very things I'm missing now.


Perhaps the most personally fulfilling and exciting thing I've gotten from the last 6 weeks is direction. I finally feel that overwhelming pull toward something meaningful to do with my life. This girl is finally going back to school in the fall. What a nice birthday present that will be! 
I'm researching programs focusing on nutrition and exercise science, leaning toward holistic and food-based approaches to wellness, rather than the traditional western medicine approach. 
I've always been interested in this, but I've read so much lately and I just can't get enough. Also, there's so much conflicting information out there and I'd like to help people wade through it all without being overwhelmed and giving up. 
So I guess I finally know what I want to be when I grow up. =)


I hope you'll stay with me on this journey-blogging and doing other things that make me think about food/exercise/etc. really keep my health and my family's health at the front of my mind. My whole family benefits when I take those few minutes to re-center myself and I hope I can help keep you on track too.


What I'd really love is some company in the next 6FIT cycle!


 It doesn't matter where you live or what your goals are. 
Virtual classes or in the studio, you definitely won't regret it. 


Wouldn't it be nice to start off your summer feeling strong, healthy and proud of yourself? 


The next cycle starts March 26th. 


Can you take 6 weeks to focus on yourself, learn about nutrition and exercise, be supported in making positive choices and balancing self-discipline with fun and enjoying life to its fullest? I'm not talking about deprivation here. That never works for me. If I feel deprived, it's all over. I'm talking about being on a diverse team of great people all working together to help you achieve your own personal best.


Perhaps the better question is, can you afford not to?


Until next time,
M-C




1 comment:

  1. Congrats Mari, You really pushed yourself and the results show the hard work really paid off. And glad to see your blog is as active as ever too. :D :D :D.

    ReplyDelete